Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do I tip every step in a spa day?

I received a spa day for Christmas as a gift. It has 6 different treatments. Do I tip each person at each treatment? How much? Won't that become an expensive gift?Do I tip every step in a spa day?
You do tip each person. I'm a head concierge at a hotel and send people over there alot. The main question I have to know so I can answer the ';how much'; question is what are you getting done and in what city.Do I tip every step in a spa day?
No, you shouldn't need to. Either your spa will have one person who sees you from treatment to treatment, gets your drinks and a little lunch in the middle of the daya and generally treats you like royalty (higher end spas) or you will go from person to person. If you have the former you can give them the tip at the end of the day. If not you can leave a tip with the receptionsit. Either way each of the attendants doing your treatments will almost certainly get a little bit of the tip.





How much can depend... whenever I give gifts of treatments I don't have the salon put an amount on the gift certificate so that I can a) include a tip myself and b) not worry that the recipient knows how much each treatment costs. It depends on the service you recieve, how much you enjoyed it and (honestly) your age. For a full day service I probably would recommend at least $25.
Yes, usually about $5. Figure the total amount of the gift certificate, multiply by .20 divide your answer by 6, that's what each person would usually get. BUT check on the gift certificate, when I purchased a spa gift certificate for my daughter, the tips were included in the price.
No, at the end of the day you leave one tip. They divide it up by what treatments you had. Enjoy!! I am envious!
You have a choice, you could tip them a minimum amount of 2 dollars at each step and leave it at that or you dont have to feel pressured to tip them at all. Its your choice. Spas are for relaxation. Relax, enjoy and do what you please.
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment