Friday, May 14, 2010

My goal is to open a day spa..?

Is starting by going to cosmetology school the beginning?


I don't want to only be just the owner. I would like to be as knowledgeable as possible with the industry, business skills, etc. I am ready for it to be a constant learning process. Question is though. Is Cosmetology the first step?My goal is to open a day spa..?
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Research, research, research 鈥?this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:





* Spa Business Strategies: A Plan for Success by Janet M. D'Angelo


* SalonOvations' Day Spa Operations (S Business Series) by Erica Miller


* Start Your Own Hair Salon and Day Spa by Eileen Figure Sandlin


* 101 Media and Marketing Tips for Salon Owners, Stylists and Managers by Nanette Miner





There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!My goal is to open a day spa..?
I'm glad my answer helped you out. Thank you for the best answer vote!





Best of luck to you!

Report Abuse



dont care, but sure wud like to be ur customer
Go to your local spa and see if you can intern there. Lots of your questions can be answered by the people that work there.
yes, cosmotoligy is the first step or message therapy, however you need to know business too.

No comments:

Post a Comment