Friday, May 14, 2010

MOMS- would you go to a day spa w/ child watch over other day spas?

conducting market research for my new business, would really appreciate ANY feedback!MOMS- would you go to a day spa w/ child watch over other day spas?
I guess if you're a stay at home mom and didn't have anybody to watch them. The whole idea is to go and relax and leave home at home. It's a good idea, but I don't know about the response.MOMS- would you go to a day spa w/ child watch over other day spas?
no
No, I would rather be completly child free when I go to a spa...to totally relax. I would just leave the kids with their father or my mother.
No, I would not. Because I do not believe that day spas would provide the child care expertise for smaller children. It's quite expensive to train a staff in emergencies, child appropriate games, proper cleaning of toys, etc. Would you want to deal with someone calling in sick and no backup? Backup is also expensive to provide. Do you want to risk being sued if another child accidentally opens a candy bar with peanuts in front of another child who's allergic to peanuts? Do you want responsibility for acquiring a large amount of toys appropriate for a lot of ages?





It might be cheaper/easier for a day spa to contact a local day care and sub-contract the day care to them. That way the legal liability falls on the day care and not the spa.





Turn the question around and ask: Would you be more likely to select a day care based on whether they also offered back massages?
No. I would never leave my son with someone I didnt know.

No comments:

Post a Comment