Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I need some advice on opening up a day spa.?

Like how much would some services cost,how much money is needed for startup, operating cost.I need some advice on opening up a day spa.?
That depends on the area you live in. If you do not know the going rate of services in your area, perhaps this is not the business for you. That isn't meant to be insulting - your business should be something you have a great interest in and can do better than the competition. If you don't know what that competition is you won't be starting out well.


Location is important - cost for that depends on your area also. Clientele - you need a following. There has to be something that makes you more desirable than the other spas. What is that?


I go to a 10 station salon with one Facial room - it is a wonderfully relaxing facial for $65 for 90 min. Someone gave me a gift facial at a different salon - the room was located by the break room so I got to listen to all the stylists talking and joking (that was about $50 for 45min.) My daughter gets cut and color for $100 plus tip - my friend in the next state pays $225 for the same thing. Day spas around here are adding laser hair removal and skin treatments etc. Big bucks for the equipment. So check around for the menu of services at the spas in your area - and take it from there. Just how busy are they? Is there a need for one more spa?I need some advice on opening up a day spa.?
Have you ever done it before? Have you ever worked for a day spa before? I would not recommend starting a business you apparently know little about.

No comments:

Post a Comment